Starts: July 12th, 2021
Intro to Go (golang) is a 12 week, instructor led, online program designed to get software developers with little to no Go experience ready to write production ready code. It focuses on the common mistakes that developers new to Go are likely to make, and ensures that they have practical knowledge to be productive in their day to day efforts. This course features weekly instructor led classes, reading materials, discussion posts, exercises, and graded weekly assignments.
Class Length, Size, and Price
Intro to Go is a 12 week course and has a class size limited to 30 students. This course costs $1500.
- Students will be able read and understand Go syntax.
- Students will be able to spot common coding pitfalls in Go and correct them.
- Students will understand the internals of Slices and how to use them properly.
- Students will understand how to write idiomatic Go using core principles such as embedding and interfaces.
- Students will have a strong understanding of concurrency and how to apply it to their projects.
- Students will understand how to create proper tests, including table tests.
- Arrays And Iteration
- Building And Compiling Go Applications
- Concurrency With Channels
- Concurrency With The Sync Package
- Embedding And Composition
- Modules And Packages
- Modules And Packages
- Syntax And Types
- Table Driven Testing
- Testing Basics
- The Go Command
- Familiarity and comfort navigating and basic file manipulation at the command line.
- Familiarity and comfort with a modern code editor, including creating and modifying files and projects.
- Familiarity with basic programming concepts and structures such as variables, loops, conditionals, etc.
- Computers should be capable of modern software development, such as access to install and run binaries, install a code editor, etc. Full instructions referenced here: preparing your environment for Go development. It may be necessary for them to have root/admin access to their computer.
- A GitHub account.
- Go installed and a code editor configured for Go development.
- Latest version of Google Chrome
- Zoom meeting software
- Speakers or headphones
- External or internal microphone
- Broadband internet connection
- OS X Catalina 10.5 or higher (Mac system requirements)
- Windows 10 or higher (Windows system requirements)
- Go 1.16 or higher
- Code editor configured for Go, VSCode recommended