How often is the live class?
There will be a live class, held via Zoom, each week. The time, and day of the week, will be determined once the course has started.
- If I miss a live class, can I view it later?
Yes, all instructor classes are recorded for playback later. They are available for the entire length of the class
- What is the grading policy?
Grade Percent Grade Point Average A 93-100 4.0 A- 90-92 3.7 B+ 87-89 3.3 B 83-86 3.0 B- 80-82 2.7 C+ 77-79 2.3 C 73-76 2.0 C- 70-72 1.7 D 60-69 1.0 F 0-59 0.0
Final grades are calculated based on the grading formula below which includes weekly assignments and class participation. Please note, class participation includes all discussion and exercise activities, which require a student to post a submission. Instructors also have the ability to assign extra points for your participation in Live Classes or watching the archived Live Class videos.
All work must be submitted by 11.59PM EST. You can’t receive more than a 50% if your work is late.
Your final grade will be based on the following:
- 60% Weekly assignments: satisfactorily completed and turned in on time
- 10% Class participation: timely discussion and exercise responses
- 30% Project (Assignment 11)
When will new course materials become available?
New course materials will unlock each Monday. In order to access new course materials students must complete previous assignments, exercises, quizzes, and other course work. This includes all pre-course work.
- Do we have group sessions?
While we don't "schedule" time each week for group study, we strongly encourage it. We also have options available to easily connect and video with one or more students at any time to do either your own scheduled self study or one-on-one work study.
- Are office hours with the instructor available?
No dedicated hours, however we offer availability to the instructor at any time via the portal. We also encourage peer interaction, and as such, unless your question is private and specific to you, we suggest course and project related questions be posted in the group chat areas.
- Latest version of Google Chrome
- Zoom meeting software
- Speakers or headphones
- External or internal microphone
- Broadband internet connection
- OS X Catalina 10.5 or higher (Mac system requirements)
- Windows 10 or higher (Windows system requirements)
- Go 1.16 or higher
- Code editor configured for Go, VSCode recommended